Friday, January 9, 2015

New Plants

We have gotten a few new plants in the last few months.

We got a Bulbophyllum frostii. The flowers look like little shoes!! It wasn't in flower when we got it, so we'll see if we can make it flower this summer.

From the Orchid Society fall auction we got a Laelia purpurata var. carnea and a Dendrobium Hibiki "Tiny Bubbles". We got the Laelia because I just really like the flowers and the plant is very well behaved. We got Tiny Bubbles because it is just so cute, and we have really enjoyed our Dendrobium bracteosum which is similar. Well, really we got it because Steven was trying to drive up the bidding price with another lady from the Orchid Society that was buying tons of plants...and then she backed out haha. We are happy we have it though. Tiny Bubbles is still flowering since September.

I convinced Steven to give me a BLC. George King "Serendipity" for Christmas. I have been hankering after one for a while now and I finally got it. Our bad kitties decided they really liked chewing on flowers though so the flowers fell off prematurely. That was really annoying. I just can't watch them all the time, and they can get just about everywhere I could think to put it, except back at the greenhouse, but then I can't enjoy it. So now I have to wait for that to flower again.

No comments:

Post a Comment