Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fertilizing

We pretty much always use Dyna Gro- Grow and Bloom fertilizers. I follow the bottle instructions for amount and make up buckets of both Grow and Bloom every time I water. After I have watered thoroughly with the sink sprayer I add a few scoops of fertilizer water to each plant. I fertilize weekly for the most part, but I only fertilize plants that are actively growing. If they seem to be resting for the winter or whatever, I quit, and just water.

For plants that I know bloom only at a particular time of year, maybe about a month in advance I start using Bloom booster fertilizer instead of Grow. For plants that I don't know when they'll be blooming, I wait until they tell me they are ready. If they start to put on a spike nub I start Bloom boosting instead of Grow. If they are growing and trying to flower at the same time, I use a few scoops of both kinds of fertilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment